Bamboo Shrimp Pictures

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
So I bought two bamboo shrimp and one immediately went to the bottom and started filter feeding and the other went crazy swimming at the top until he rested on my algae scrapper at the water level for two days, now he's at the bottom with the other shrimp what's up with this?

atm

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Re: Bamboo Shrimp

Here are some bad pics of them, one's over 2".

atm

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
they are so cute and hilarious to watch (when they are active) also the spas thing I would guess is normal for the simple fact that all of mine have done the same thing every freaking time they are introduced to my tank. Nessy my newest and largest bamboo shrimp likes a sponge that i added to my tank its blue idk what it is actually used for but he eats off the thing all the time

~Inari

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Both of them are ok now, they just sit and filter feed all day never moving, only at night. They definately are not active day shrimp though. Yours is probably eating the microarganisms on it.

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Mine is very active during the day he only likes to eat during the day.....rather odd isn't it

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ya because if they are eating food off the bottom then there isn't enough current for them to filter feed. ???

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
yeah well that maybe changing here soon IDK what Nessy's issue but we'll see anyway i love ur pics of the bamboo shrimp

~inari

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Haha the pics are bad, my camera has no zoom, must wait till my dad buys a nice one. Now I need some amano shrimp, trying to locate some and willing to spend any price but no luck so far, spend 13$ on these two. ;D

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
yeah they are about 6 USD ea atleast at petco they

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ya unfortunately, but they are worth it. Second most expensive creature in my tank

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
mine is the third most expensive fish in my tank currently, I have an albino bristlenose pleco, angel fish, and then finally a bamboo shrimp (though they wouldn't stay alive in my tank for anything until recently lol) the angel is supposed to be a fresh water dwarf, so it can live in a 10 no problem. anyway

~inari

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
My pleco is my most 8.65 and took me calling 6 lfs's to get, and their better than commons, lfs's need to start ordering bn.

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
i know they are soo much cooler than common plecos

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ya I might try breeding them over the summer and sell them to lfs's. Parents decision though. :-X

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
dude that would be sweet!!!! man if i had the room to do that kinda stuff i could pay for my own college ... //get's an idea//

~inari

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
ya I think i'm going to start breeding guppies as soon as I get some females for fun again, it's fun, don't think the fish will mind some snacks too, I'm so mean but seriously can't save all of them :-\

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
please tell me I am miss reading this....you breed your fish so that they can have food?!??! don't you think that a bit odd?

~inari

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
O no I don't do that but I know people who breed fish and feed them really good food to feed to their fish, I just meant I"m sure my fish wouldn't mind having baby guppies again for a treat, I know it's mean but I can't save all the fry when my females have babies.

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
ok i just wanted to make sure that is what you were doing.... wanted to make sure u weren't that cruel

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well some people do that, it's just nature. Some fish only eat other fish so some people breed their own fish to feed them so they can feed them nutrient rich food so they are good for their fish :-\

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom