Bamboo Shrimp Pictures

atmmachine816

So I bought two bamboo shrimp and one immediately went to the bottom and started filter feeding and the other went crazy swimming at the top until he rested on my algae scrapper at the water level for two days, now he's at the bottom with the other shrimp what's up with this?

atm

atmmachine816

Re: Bamboo Shrimp

Here are some bad pics of them, one's over 2".

atm

inari

they are so cute and hilarious to watch (when they are active) also the spas thing I would guess is normal for the simple fact that all of mine have done the same thing every freaking time they are introduced to my tank. Nessy my newest and largest bamboo shrimp likes a sponge that I added to my tank its blue idk what it is actually used for but he eats off the thing all the time

~Inari

atmmachine816

Both of them are ok now, they just sit and filter feed all day never moving, only at night. They definitely are not active day shrimp though. Yours is probably eating the microarganisms on it.

inari

Mine is very active during the day he only likes to eat during the day.....rather odd isn't it

atmmachine816

Ya because if they are eating food off the bottom then there isn't enough current for them to filter feed. ???

inari

yeah well that maybe changing here soon IDK what Nessy's issue but we'll see anyway I love ur pics of the bamboo shrimp

~inari

atmmachine816

Haha the pics are bad, my camera has no zoom, must wait till my dad buys a nice one. Now I need some amano shrimp, trying to locate some and willing to spend any price but no luck so far, spend 13$ on these two. ;D

inari

yeah they are about 6 USD ea atleast at petco they

atmmachine816

Ya unfortunately, but they are worth it. Second most expensive creature in my tank

inari

mine is the third most expensive fish in my tank currently, I have an albino bristlenose pleco, angel fish, and then finally a bamboo shrimp (though they wouldn't stay alive in my tank for anything until recently lol) the angel is supposed to be a fresh water dwarf, so it can live in a 10 no problem. anyway

~inari

atmmachine816

My pleco is my most 8.65 and took me calling 6 lfs's to get, and their better than commons, lfs's need to start ordering bn.

inari

atmmachine816

Ya I might try breeding them over the summer and sell them to lfs's. Parents decision though. :-X

inari

dude that would be sweet!!!! man if I had the room to do that kinda stuff I could pay for my own college ... //get's an idea//

~inari

atmmachine816

ya I think i'm going to start breeding guppies as soon as I get some females for fun again, it's fun, don't think the fish will mind some snacks too, I'm so mean but seriously can't save all of them :-\

inari

please tell me I am miss reading this....you breed your fish so that they can have food?!??! don't you think that a bit odd?

~inari

atmmachine816

O no I don't do that but I know people who breed fish and feed them really good food to feed to their fish, I just meant I"m sure my fish wouldn't mind having baby guppies again for a treat, I know it's mean but I can't save all the fry when my females have babies.

inari

ok I just wanted to make sure that is what you were doing.... wanted to make sure u weren't that cruel

atmmachine816

Well some people do that, it's just nature. Some fish only eat other fish so some people breed their own fish to feed them so they can feed them nutrient rich food so they are good for their fish :-\

inari

that is just plain cruel that would be like some higher advanced alien species breeding humans and feeding the young to lions but if they are kept together it's going to happen ya know what I mean I hate the idea of ppl feeding young fry to other fish just because they don't want to buy the proper foods ok i'm done ranting now

atmmachine816

Well what else are they going to feed them, some fish only eat live food, I have to breed baby brine shrimp for my goby.

inari

I was talking about healthy sellable fish like guppies or bettas or something like that not brine shrimp or something like that I know what you mean tho a lot of fish refuse certain types of food like my angel refuses frozen food for some odd reason .... anyway good luck with that

~inari

atmmachine816

ya my angels only eat flake, though that's what they ate for 10 years before I got them so guess you can't blame them, o and baby guppies, they love those. Had a female once release them when I was away and when I got home my male angel was stuck in a cave after trying to get one, took me a half hour to get him out. Learned my lesson don't have ornaments that fish can get stuck in.

inari

LOL that is great that would suck big time!!!!!!

atmmachine816

He had a big cut for awhile.

How's your shrimp doing.

inari

he's being a little snot as usual lol he tells me when it is time for a water change and if he likes his tank mates lol he starts to turn red around the time for a water change he loves this little blue sponge thing that I added to help deter them from crawling out

atmmachine816

LOL I gota get a moonlight to see mine at night, they only move at night. I think mine happen to be nocturanl ones. O well my bn pleco isn't nocturnal so I have two normal shrimp and one unormal fish ;D

inari

lol

Bill

Here is one of mine

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom