Bamboo Shrimp help. Molting or dying?

Chomas007

I got this bamboo shrimp from my local fish store yesterday and she was doing amazingly once she was put in the tank. It's a 5-gallon Fluval spec with a betta and a small nerite snail. This morning I saw she wasn't moving around a lot and as a matter of fact she was hanging from the roots of my frogbit lol. she wasn't feeding or anything like saw yesterday but i sort of thought that was normal because i heard that they are nocturnal and become more active at night. However, night time is here and now shes not moving at all. She is really weak and showed no signs of kicking after poking her gently with my aquascaping tool. Is she molting or is she dying?

richiep

It's hard to say but it dosnt sound good, did you drip acclimatise her? If not she may be in shock in which a forced moult may be on the cards and that can go two ways, there's nothing you can do now except wait

Upvote 0

Chomas007

It's hard to say but it dosnt sound good, did you drip acclimatise her? If not she may be in shock in which a forced moult may be on the cards and that can go two ways, there's nothing you can do now except wait
I did but it was very makeshift... I had her in a bowl in which i poured her and the water in the bag into and i started adding maybe a third of a cup of aquarium water every 5 minutes. after the bowl was full I emptied half the water and continues to add a third cup of water into the bowl. this process took 30 minutes. I am questioning if maybe i shouldve done it for longer or if maybe i shouldve done lesser amounts of water at a time. I got most of my info from my lfs. Im starting to think that i was fed misinformation so that i can keep going back to provide them with business lol. Thank you for your help!
I did but it was very makeshift... I had her in a bowl in which i poured her and the water in the bag into and i started adding maybe a third of a cup of aquarium water every 5 minutes. after the bowl was full I emptied half the water and continues to add a third cup of water into the bowl. this process took 30 minutes. I am questioning if maybe i shouldve done it for longer or if maybe i shouldve done lesser amounts of water at a time. I got most of my info from my lfs. Im starting to think that i was fed misinformation so that i can keep going back to provide them with business lol. Thank you for your help!
Ill keep this thread updated

Upvote 0

DoubleDutch

What / how did you feed it?

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
richiep
  • Question
Replies
Views