Bamboo Shrimp Died

YoBoiBlaze

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Yesterday I bought a bamboo shrimp from my LPS, he was doing fine for the first day and then the next morning he was dead anyone have any ideas of why. My perimeters are all perfect nitrates nitrites ammonia are all at 0 PPM and my pH is 7.6 it's a 55 gallon. I heard that sometimes your tank can be to clean, and I don't know if that's the problem because my water is crystal clear. Any advice will help

happydays623

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
YoBoiBlaze said:
Yesterday I bought a bamboo shrimp from my LPS, he was doing fine for the first day and then the next morning he was dead anyone have any ideas of why. My perimeters are all perfect nitrates nitrites ammonia are all at 0 PPM and my pH is 7.6 it's a 55 gallon. I heard that sometimes your tank can be to clean, and I don't know if that's the problem because my water is crystal clear. Any advice will help
I don't think your tank can be to clean. Did you use the recommended introduction technique into the tank?

Jrsyhomegrown87

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Do you have a perch with a good current for it? Like driftwood, with a air stone blowing bubbles up it? They need a spot to sit with current so they can feed properly. But if all parameters were fine and you do, then most likely it wasn't doing so well before you purchased it. Also a contributing factor could be whether your LPS just got a fish shipment in. Sometimes the stress takes a couple days to cause a death, due to water parameter changes and stress of being shipped. Sorry to hear though, it sucks. I just lost one of mine to assassin snails. No more assassin snails to say the least.

Tom Bowling

Reaction score
I bought 4 of those suckers and none lasted more than a month. I don't know if they do good or not in a community, but I refuse to buy anymore.

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you have 0 nitrates, your tank isn't cycled.

*edit*
Ninja'd

New Threads