Bamboo Shrimp Care

crawfishcrazy27

Ok guys so in a month or so I am adding a 30 Gallon fish tank to my 1 10 Gallon I have and the stock for it will be

1-2x Angelsfish

6x Bronze Corydoras

4x KuhlI Loach

Pair if GBRs

6x Flame Tetra

10 or so Ghost Shrimp

And I'm wondering if I could add a bamboo shrimp to that and also for the care of them? Thanks :)

CrawfishCrazy27✌

Teishokue

huhhh?? I did not understand that.

You mean you are upgrading your ten gallon to a thirty gallon??

I would not use gbr/angels together once they start to breed they will defend a territory.

bamboo shrimp would do fine but you will need a lot of research. they are filter feeders which require a current and constant food. you might not want to add this creature until your tank is highly established.

ricmcc

I usually like keeping angel in groups of 4-5, sort of in the manner that you keep discus, where they will form a pecking order amongst themselves, and tend to thrive rather than simply survive.
As you haven't room for that, and given the above post by Teishokue, you might consider foregoing the angels and adding another school of small tetras, or whatever appeals to you, as your current stocking would be a little bottom heavy without angels.
If you are set on having a sort of 'show piece' mid-tank dwelling fish, either a severum or a keyhole cichlid might do the trick, although, never having kept shrimp, I really don't know how they would be with your ghost shrimp. Both are otherwise among the gentlest of cichlids, although the severum, just by virtue of size, might find the flame tetras to his taste. All the best, rick

crawfishcrazy27

Thanks guys I will definitely do some research on the bamboo shrimp and also on the angels and GBRs! Thanks :)

CrawfishCrazy27✌

Wendigoblue

Bamboo shrimp are very neat, but can't be with fish that will nip their fans. They can grow up to 4" and can be fed powdered algae wafers, powdered fish food or spiralina powder. They can't hurt any other tank inhabitants which is why they need to be kept with peaceful tank mates. A bamboo shrimp without fans will die, because that's how they eat. Here's some links to websites about bamboo shrimp. Good luck!

crawfishcrazy27

Thanks echi1

CrawfishCrazy27✌

Wendigoblue

Your Welcome!

Top Bottom