Bamboo Shrimp - An Old Friend And Two New Amigos

Matchstickgeezer

Reaction score
hI all,

Just wanted to say that I think bamboo shrimp are amazing.

We had one in our 3ft community tank that lived over 5 years... through power cuts an all sorts.

Sadly he passed away at the tail end of last year so today I went and got 2 new Bamboo shrimp.

However, they are both fairly small (about the size of a fully grown Amano shrimp) and are showing no colour at all. I have also yet to see them open their fans.

Fingers crossed that they colour up and start filtering the water soon...

Have you ever seen any change any other colour than red?

philip884551

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Matchstickgeezer said:
hI all,

Just wanted to say that I think bamboo shrimp are amazing.

We had one in our 3ft community tank that lived over 5 years... through power cuts an all sorts.

Sadly he passed away at the tail end of last year so today I went and got 2 new Bamboo shrimp.

However, they are both fairly small (about the size of a fully grown Amano shrimp) and are showing no colour at all. I have also yet to see them open their fans.

Fingers crossed that they colour up and start filtering the water soon...

Have you ever seen any change any other colour than red?

You can see my full tank setup (including aome photos of the shrimp I am about to upload) at
I was lucky last week I went to my pet shop and bought a small piece of bogwood with java fern on it and when I got home I removed the bogwood and plant out of the fish bag and I felt something moving under the bogwood and I got a free bamboo shrimp!! He doing really well in my tank found his molt skin today in the tank and today I've just bought a African giant fan shrimp to keep him company!

New Threads