Balloon Molly Help

1. AdamR94 Initiate Member

My balloon Molly has all of a sudden gone upside down at the bottom of the tank but is still breathing and trying to swim. I have read that it could be feeding too much but my other fish are fine and I don't feed them that often I have just found the fish like this and I would rather have your guys opinions than Google's please help as if it's something my other fish can get I want to put it in a different tank.

2. MJDuti Well Known Member Member

I'm no expert, but going off of swimming upside down at the bottom of the tank, my guess is a swim bladder issue. Problem is it can be cause by multiple things. I'm also not too familiar with fixing it. I'm going to guess WCs to increase water quality and doing something with its diet. I'm sure someone will chime in soon.

I have read that the "balloon" versions of fish these days have a greater chance of this due to their mutated/compressed body shape.

3. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

It does sound like a swim bladder problem, man made balloon type fish do tend to suffer with it.
    Have you got a breeding net or trap you could isolate her in? if she'll eat you could try a deshelled crushed pea to try & remove any blockage she may have but tbh it doesn't sound too good :(