Balloon Molly Fry!!

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by fighter55, Apr 19, 2012.

1. fighter55Valued MemberMember

Hi everyone! Well, I just got back from vacation to find a present in my house! My parents, brother, and sister all got me a new 20 gallon tank! They cycled it while I was away(using TSS), so all of the parameters are O.K. For stocking they got me three balloon mollies. I had been wanting to get them, but I just didn't have the space. Now I have them! I got 2 females and 1 male thankfully. The tank has been setup for 2 weeks now, so it isn't established. All of the mollies are doing fine, but being mollies, of course one of them got pregnant and had fry! Three fry were found alive, and still are, and are inside a breeder net. Here it is:  . You'll find all of them on my profile. The fry are eating finely crushed flakes and finely crushed freeze-dried brine shrimp. I also have christmas moss in there to pick up any uneaten food and for them to nibble on. The temperature is at 80 degrees currently. One of the fry that is black, orange, and clear in the picture may be calico, but i have strangely enough seen it change from that color to solid black, to grayish. Is this normal? I was wondering if any of you have tips for caring for the fry. Also: I don't think they are balloon, just regular mollies.

2. OP
    OP
    f

fighter55Valued MemberMember

Also the orange/black/grey fry is five days old, and the other two are four.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice