Balloon Gbr Staying At Top

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by stephpartin, Apr 9, 2017.

1. stephpartin

stephpartin Valued Member Member

Hello everyone hope all is well with you guys:)) I believe I have a sick ram and I feel so helpless just watching him die!! I have had him for 8 months in a 20 gallon high with a female ram, an otto and 4 Julie cories. I have a fluval C4 power filter, a hydro sponge, lots of hiding places. Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 12, PH 7.8. I did a 30 % water change 6 hours ago.

About 3 days ago I noticed him swimming towards the top but not all the time. Today I realized that he was up there all the time and breathing a little heavy. I think he has flukes but I'm not positive. It seems as if his gills are puffed out looking or thick. He has lost most of his beautiful color... I put some prazipro in the tank about 6 hours ago. I tried to take some photos but he keeps hiding. I know that is not a lot to go on but any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

2. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

What's the temperature of the tank?

You have some stocking issues if you'd like to address them after your ram is taken care of.

A pic would help, if you could get it!

3. OP
    OP
    stephpartin

stephpartin Valued Member Member

Hello there, unfortunately he passed away last night. The temp was 79.3 and the female is doing fine and has been for the last 8 months at that temp. Thank you for responding:)))

4. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

I'm sorry for your loss :( The temp is fine for them, at least!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice