Balloon Blue German RAMs

1. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

Have any of you heard of a German Blue Balloon RAM. I found it at my local aquarium shop. He said they are no harder than regualr rams. They are about the size of a nickel.... woops I uploaded my Bettas and Ram too. They are the most expensive fish I ever bought so, I pray I do not kill them!! rams 001.jpg

rams 002.jpg

rams 003.jpg

rams 004.jpg

rams 005.jpg

2. CichlidSWAGA Well Known Member Member

My LFS had some golden ballon rams and he told me the same thing. Unique dwarf cichlid thats for sure

3. allaboutfish Well Known Member Member

they're breed for the defomity, and a lot of people are against them.

4. CichlidSWAGA Well Known Member Member

I take it your against them?

5. kimoore Member Member

balloon mollies are a deformity too, im not against those. I see no problem in breeding these guys for the home aquarium. I think the problem would be if people were releasing them into the wild AND/OR breeding them to NON-deformed Rams. Let me know how yours acclimate, i have been looking at getting a pair.

6. kimoore Member Member

Theyre also known as Angel Rams. Yours look much better than the ones my LFS was offering.

7. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

8. bryanmc1988 Initiate Member

awsome rams i wanted to get some for my 60 gal tank but not really sure if they are my type of fish that i want to keep in the long run lol.... i'll own it for 7 days then change them out just so i can say u used to have them lol

9. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

I have them in with 2 Angelfish and one German "regular" and 6 rasboras. I am expecting two more Rams in the mail tomorrow. I have fallen in love with Rams too.:-*

10. bryanmc1988 Initiate Member

rams? lol good luck i go with buffalo lol beat that xD j/k rams are nice but i hate it when big fish poops = big poopoo which = no tank you to me lol... i live the easy and low maintenance type =) like shrimps =)