Balloon Black Molly keeps getting parasites :(; other fish acting weird

Cacret

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
HI fishlorians. My BBM is probably preggers, but ever since 3 weeks ago, she kept getting white blotched. I always put methylene blue, and it disappears. Today I found it merely all over her, and now unlike before she is just swimming at the very top. I treated the whole water with methylene blue. I still am finding a water tester kit. I did an 88% water change though. My BOM (balloon orange molly) is swimming with her as I made this thread. My betta has also been weird. He has been sleeping like he is swimming, not like usual, where it looks like he is lying down. His scales are changing, having a better color(good roght?). The GAE's suckermouth isn't functioning well. It won't activate and he survives of the leftover flakes of the others. The fry and BOM are fine though. I have never seen such weird behavior in one tank.
Any replies for weird behavior.

-Cacret

Tonia

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My first question, Cacret is to ask how large the tank is? How long have you had these fish together? If the Black balloon molly has been sickly for a while, why have you not separated her from the rest of the tank? What temperature are you keeping the water at? Are there any other fish in the tank? Have you lost any fish since the possible ich problem has started? With the white blotches, what do they look like or can you take pictures?

Regarding the betta, if he's not acting normal, I would suggest moving him to his own tank and keeping an eye on him. I would hate for you to lose your entire stock because this one molly has been kept with them for so long.

OP
Cacret

Cacret

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well, I upgraded all of them from a 5 gal to a 9 gal while I am looking for a bigger tank. (I have sold my 15) Well, I just simply don't have a suitable tank. All I have is a one gal at the moment and my dad doesn't want me to get another tank. Is the one gal ok for a temporary quarantine. Well now the betta is fine, the BOM , fry are fine. I will place the GAE in a pond. The betta is now acting fine.

-Cacret

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1427110479.730059.jpgImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1427110510.885580.jpg
Here. So sad. One of the pic, you'll see the white blotches are even on the eyes
The temperature is around below 1° Celsius(used a medical temp. My normal temperature broke

-Cacret

navarro1950

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've added two different things to my tank that most of the members here haven't heard of Indian Almond Leaves and Gralic Guard . Read about them and you will fine that both of these help with fish ailments and also helps to aid them from catching some of the other sicknesses. I have to tell you that the leaves add tannis to the water. In South East Asia Betta breeders use the leave to help heal the male after fights. It is said the leaves also help in spawning tanks.

hollie1505

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
What is your water change schedule? How often are they fed?

It sounds like a water quality issue to me and as you're so over stocked, I recommend performing at least 50% water changes daily, preferably something more like 80%. Mollies and Algae eaters are poop machines. Pristine water is the best medicine.****

OP
Cacret

Cacret

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well it goes like this on a normal week-
25% Mon and Wed
50%-75%=Thursday
90%- Sunday.....
The molly is in a quarantine. I found a 15 gal today and bought it. The black mollie is still not well. Quarantined but the whote blotched keep lessening then adding then lessening.

-Cacret

New Threads