Balloon Belly Molly Fin Rot

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Troyee219, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Troyee219

Troyee219Valued MemberMember

I'm in a bad situation, I usually deal with fin rot with AQ salt, but I'm all out and can't go buy some, I've tried PWC's but it isn't helping all I have is epsom salt, and I know that only really has effect on internal problems, so I dunno what to do :( I need help fast...

2. Finatic005

Finatic005Valued MemberMember

Can you buy pure rock salt?

3. OP
    OP
    Troyee219

Who sells that, I'm going to food Lion tommorow grocery shopping, do they sell it?

4. Finatic005

I’ve never heard of food lion but most grocery stores do. Just make sure it is organic and pure. Make sure it is non-iodized. If it doesn’t say, get organic, pure, non-iodized table salt. Keep in mind that if you use the table salt, you will need a smaller spoon because there is no air in between the salt “pebbles”/“granules”.
    Research “how to cure fin rot with non-iodized table salt on ______” (whatever species it is).

MAKE SURE IT IS NON-IODIZED OR ELSE IT WILL DIE/GET SICK. It will do more harm than good if it isn’t non-iodized

5. OP
    OP
    Troyee219

Ok I'll try to get that, thanks!

6. Finatic005

You’re welcome!

7. OP
    OP
    Troyee219

I got this salt I couldn't find organic salt but I found this salt that has no iodine in it, it's just pure salt, will this work?

Attached Files:

8. Finatic005

This salt should be sodium chloride.... look up how to give a fish a salt bath. My betta has fin rot right now and that is what I do, but I have aquarium salt. How severe is the fin rot? Do you have time to order aquarium salt?

9. OP
    OP
    Troyee219

I'll show you a picture, I know how to give a salt bath, I'm just used to having AQ salt, and no I don't have time...(sorry my cameras so bad) it's left fin is worse than the right, the right fin is just beginning to get white

Attached Files: