Ball Python Cage Makeover

Fshloover

I’ve had my ball python ever since I was like 7 years old. My dad did most of the work on making the cage which is a 55 gallon. Now that I’m older and do %100 of the care I’ve noticed that the tank is very ugly. It gets the job done but it’s a eye sore. I’ve been think of creating a 3D background of foam and adding some plants. Is this a good idea? And or what else can I do to make it look better? And how many cans of foam would I need?

Cheesecake

Not sure how much foam. Seems like a fine idea to me.
I think you want to talk to MD_Plants about his 3D printer.

Aquilist

Ooh! Following! Spray foam backgrounds are brilliant, how big is the tank? I used around 1 litre of spray foam for a 60-gallon tank, on all 3 sides. Make sure the silicone is safe, 100% silicone. Are you doing live plants???

Annie59

I did that with the foam. Its ok but if they get poop on it it gets kinda nasty lol. But I also used that Forrest floor on the top of the foam. I wouldn't use plants, I did in one of my corn snake tanks and he just smashed them.

But you can make a rocky look with it so its easier to clean. I've made tree trunk looking hides with it. Its fun to do. Good luck and have fun making it, I know I had fun!

Fshloover

I’ve come up with a better idea of what I’m going to do. I'm going to do the foam background on 3 sides with small pots up high on the wall for some hearty plants. I’m also going to create some type of water dish. I am planning on outing the snake in a large craft bin with his substraight and heating element for a few days while I create the background.

Cheesecake

OP you should PM MD_Plants. He has a 3D printer. He can make just about anything for cheap.

Aquilist

Ooh! I like the sound of it! If you want any climbing plants to grow up the background, I recommend ficus pumila and English ivy!

Annie59

You can also make realistic vines too. Just get some rope, smear silicon over the whole length your using then dip it in some sort of bedding like coco husk. Make sure you press it on good. Comes out really nice

I love making stuff using that foam!

Cheesecake

This sounds more fun then it should be .

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Cue
Replies
Views
Islandvic
Replies
Views
KDS
Replies
Views