balas and catfish?

megz

Reaction score
I am eventually going to start a tank with bala sharks and I'm trying to figure out what I want to put with them. At the fish stores I've been seeing bala sharks in the same tank as pictus catfish. Now I went to this website and they said they're not compatible. I don't want to ask the fish stores because I was told before when I adopted my friend's daughter's black moor that I should get a shubunkin; come to find out it harrassed and attacked my black moor. I don't want to do harm to my balas so can anyone help?

Boxermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Dunno about the compatibility, but I hope you have a really, REALLY big tank then. A 130 gallon minimum is recommended for a single bala shark. For multiples, you need a whole lot bigger.

Frank01Mustang

Reaction score
I had 3 balas in a tank with a pictus catfish, shovel nose catfish, peacock eel, and 3 angel fish, they were together for about 5 years! I never had a problem, my sharkes got to be about 14 inches long but the recently passed away a few months ago

Icicle

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have 3 balas with a pictish and they are doing ok together so far. They've been a family now for about 7 months

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom