Bala/Silver Shark Questions

BettaBuddy ~ Miley

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know what size tank a bala or silver shark would need? would a 5 gallon be ok? Miley

Jmarcus

Valued Member
Reaction score
Bala sharks are beautiful. I have two and they are fun to watch. to answer your question no. Balas need room my tank is 55gal. and I don't think it is big enough, They are still young, about nine mounths, so far so good, but hopefully I can justifie a bigger tank in the near future. MTS maybe ;D ;D

BettaBuddy ~ Miley

Well Known Member
Reaction score
yeah - i kinda figured it was too small but thnx for answering and also what does MTS mean? Miley :-*

riley

Reaction score
LilNeonLover said:
yeah - i kinda figured it was too small but thnx for answering and also what does MTS mean? Miley :-*
Multiple Tank Syndrome

Riley--

BettaBuddy ~ Miley

Well Known Member
Reaction score
LOL thats funny - i am saving money to get more tanks LOL Miley

muzicstar

Reaction score
♥BettaBuddy♥ said:
Does anybody know what size tank a bala or silver shark would need? would a 5 gallon be ok? Mile
I'm in the same boat as you. I've got a 13 gallon tank and have just bought three balas for him.

They are babies just now, but I'm going to need to rehouse to get a tank big enough for them if we are to keep them

TheEssigs

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Balas require a large aquarium, approx. 70gallons, with driftwood, rocks, and spots of dense vegetation. This shark does best in small groups of 3 or more, as they prefer to school in the aquarium. Liveaquaria.com says that this shark can grow to about 10".

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom