Bala Sharks!

1. Tammy Initiate Member

Good Morning to all....I am new to this site and not too sure how it works but I would like to know if anyone has any information about Bala Sharks that I might need to know. I am new to the wholw fish sceen and my boyfriend and I just purchased acouple Balas. We love them but just want to make sure we keep good care of them. When we got home we noticed one of them has alittle red to him, is this normal or could he be sick??

Any information would be greatly appreacated. Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing from some of you soon! ;D

Tammy

2. Jason Well Known Member Member

I also recently got some Bala Sharks, but unfortunately they died from ich after i introduced some Clown Loaches. Make sure you have a fairly tight-fitting lid because they are very good jumpers. Umm.. dont know anything about the redness but if you get a Red-tail Black Shark it'll chase around the Bala's a lot but they dont seem to mind too much as long as they are in a small shoal.

3. Tammy Initiate Member

Ok, but now I have a silly question. Whats Ich? lol Thanks for the idea...we might have to get one of those sharks as well. I think they are all really neat!

Thanks again,

4. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

5. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

Hey Tammy,
    you might know Ich as White Spot... I had to look it up cos I didn't know ;)

6. Craig Well Known Member Member

cool lookin fish unfortunately i cant get ay my tank is 2 small 4 them but there crazy all right!!!