Bala Sharks Trying To Breed?

1. D

DownWithTheCichlid New Member Member

Hi, I'm new here and have a question. I have bala sharks in with some of my South American cichlids and I have noticed that a couple of the balas have been rubbing on each other. I'm thinking they are trying to breed but I have never dealt with this. I left the balas in that tank and moved the cichlids to another. Am I doing the right thing here? And how long until I know if she's going to have babies?

my bala Sharks are rubbing up on each other like they're trying mate but I have read that it's impossible to breed bala Sharks in an aquarium. Help.

2. Samuel97

Samuel97 Well Known Member Member

3. fishlover44

fishlover44 New Member Member

There jas never been successful breeding done with bala sharks in an aquarium according to my book but it could be wrong

Sorry I can my fish book is out dated lol

4. Dave125g

Dave125g Fishlore Legend Member

There egg scatters. If you have marbles or large round river rocks as a substrate you may get some fry. Usually takes a week or so. The eggs hatch in about 36 hours. Its been a while since I reed up on this, so I may be off on the specifics.

5. OP
    OP
    D

DownWithTheCichlid New Member Member

Sorry about the delayed response but I think I have ran into bigger problems. I will be posting a new thread though.