Bala Sharks Chasing Each Other

Slacker

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hi everyone.

I have 4 Bala sharks in a 4 foot 95 gallon tank, they are around 4 inches currently. (I will in the near future be buying a 6 foot tank for them). The water parameters are all fine except nitrate which is a little high but not terrible. Tap water where I live already contains high nitrates so not a whole lot I can do about it.

Anyway, I’ve had them for a couple of months and in the main they get along very well. Occasionally they seem to chase each other, especially after they’ve eaten. There’s no fin damage so nothing too serious happening.

Do you think adding a couple more would help or should I just not worry about it as there’s no damage to them?

OP
S

Slacker

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Getting a group of 6 would be ideal, but that behavior sounds about normal. Mine have always been on the rowdy side, even the one that's almost a foot long now
Thanks. Yea I heard they can be a bit rowdy. Will probably get a couple more. Bit worried that I’ll be overstocking though. I’ve got 6 clown loaches, will be 6 Bala sharks. Also 2 pearl gouramis although I could move them to another tank. 2 shark catfish. Also I’d really like to get some torpedo barbs, will probably get a group of 6.

OP
S

Slacker

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Yea, maybe 5 would be worth trying. After all shark catfish should be in a larger group but mine seem to be happy with just 2. I’ll probably have to move them at some point anyway if they get huge, also possibly will need salt added. That’ll free up some space for more Bala sharks in the future. Thanks for your advice

Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom