Badis Curling And Acting Weird

Kmullz

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi, one badis in my tank has been having a rough two weeks. Isolated, dark in color, not eating well. I've done some isolation and various medications as well as solitary live brine shrimp feedings. Now he seems to be having involuntary body curling and tipping over, not able to freely swim and use ventral fins, and doing some odd diving at the substrate in the curved position. Still quite alive but definitely time for euthanasia. I'm wondering if this is a sign of a particular disease, genetic, or other? Tank is healthy and planted with great water conditions and stable temp. This badis has only been in the tank about 3 months and the other one is happy. Thanks!

Cheesewoman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Sorry to hear about your fish could it be whirling disease? I've not had any experience of it myself but I've read things that sound similar.

Kmullz

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thank you - definitely looks like whirling disease. I've never seen it either but the timeline of it sounds right and all symptoms are same. Very strange!

Cheesewoman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thank you - definitely looks like whirling disease. I've never seen it either but the timeline of it sounds right and all symptoms are same. Very strange!
Glad I could help I thought one of my fish had it once but turns out he was just being silly...

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom