Bad shape betta

fishlife9

My betta has been sick for months i posted before he would twitch when he tried to swim. now he can’t even swim anymore he stays at the bottom all day. he has a very bad curve on his spine i tried treating him with general cure, fungure cure but don’t think its doing anything so did a water change i lowered his water level like this last night he is in a 10 gallon and took the heater and filter out. i just put the heater back in is this safe? i just don’t know what to do anymore he hasnt ate in weeks now since he can’t even come up to get air. thinking of putting him in a small plastic cup with a bubbler soon. is it okay to put the heater like this for now? don’t want him to be cold. and when the filter was on the other day he was literally upside down he couldnt lift himself up

Attachments

• FEA8CA1B-1737-4722-B4F1-FC22B91377C7.jpeg
    FEA8CA1B-1737-4722-B4F1-FC22B91377C7.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 33

Ouse

If the flow of the filter was too strong for him, there’s not much that can be done, as a filter is an absolutely necessary part of an aquarium. Although I do understand why you felt the need to take it out, why did you also take the heater out?

Have you got a way to measure the temperature of the tank?

General cure and fungus cure aren’t going to heal a crooked spine. The crooked spine, the loss of appetite and the wasting away leads me to think he could have tuberculosis, which is very unfortunate.

He won’t be able to heal in a plastic cup with a bubbler.

BigManAquatics

As far as the heater, thats how and about where i keep my heaters all the time so i don't need to unplug them unless i do a really big water change, like 75%

fishlife9

If the flow of the filter was too strong for him, there’s not much that can be done, as a filter is an absolutely necessary part of an aquarium. Although I do understand why you felt the need to take it out, why did you also take the heater out?

Have you got a way to measure the temperature of the tank?

General cure and fungus cure aren’t going to heal a crooked spine. The crooked spine, the loss of appetite and the wasting away leads me to think he could have tuberculosis, which is very unfortunate.

He won’t be able to heal in a plastic cup with a bubbler.
i have the same filter i had for him since i got him i had no problems with it but since he is unable to move barely now i unplugged it yesterday after seeing him like that just going with the flow of the water even it being on the lowest. he use to be such a happy fish very active made bubbles nests played around the filter a lot back then looking at his reflection. maybe you are right he might have a tumor :( he hasnt ate in forever since he can’t even come up to get air. like 2 months ago when he was twitching while he was swimming he would still try to eat now he twitches and can not swim.

BeginnerFishKeeper1

Sheesh, sounds like your fish has tuberculosis. I don't know what to tell you. There's a possibility he could make it, but another possibility he won't. What I would do is to do a 75% water change, every 3 days. Could be a problem with the water quality. I also suggest buying a new filter, in case that may be what caused the water quality to drop. Maybe add aquarium salt once a week. That would be my way of handling it. If you try this strategy and it work, then great! I hope your betta makes it out okay.

fishlife9

i have the same filter i had for him since i got him i had no problems with it but since he is unable to move barely now i unplugged it yesterday after seeing him like that just going with the flow of the water even it being on the lowest. he use to be such a happy fish very active made bubbles nests played around the filter a lot back then looking at his reflection. maybe you are right he might have a tumor :( he hasnt ate in forever since he can’t even come up to get air. like 2 months ago when he was twitching while he was swimming he would still try to eat now he twitches and can not swim.
i took the heater out because the water level is low so basically hes in like a 1 gallon tank right now probably thats how low it looks

Ouse

Unplugging the filter can kill the cycle completely.

Please use the emergency template.
I also suggest buying a new filter, in case that may be what caused the water quality to drop.
...and remember to reuse the contents from the current filter in the new one. A small sponge filter or other small filter should do.

BeginnerFishKeeper1

Unplugging the filter can kill the cycle completely.

Please use the emergency template.

...and remember to reuse the contents from the current filter in the new one. A small sponge filter or other small filter should do.
Yes. a sponge filter would be a good choice.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Rose of Sharon
Replies
Views
betta06
  • Question
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
  • Question