Bad News/Good News

Discussion in 'Freshwater Invertebrates' started by Vyvid, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Vyvid

VyvidWell Known MemberMember

I recently bought my blue alleni cray Waver a boyfriend (Wilbur). Unfortunately he got startled during molting and pulled his claws off. Then a week or two later he molted again and just got really erratic and stressed. Sadly he stressed himself to death and is no longer with us. However, today (a week after his passing) I found Wilber had left something behind :)

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1436388385.037570.jpgImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1436388398.735415.jpgImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1436388411.633620.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. Plecomaker

PlecomakerWell Known MemberMember

Excellent

3. Tonia

ToniaWell Known MemberMember

Congrats on the future brood! Wow!! She looks incredibly full of eggs!

4. Bijou88

Bijou88Well Known MemberMember

I'm sorry you lost him :( looks like you'll have your hands full with new little ones, that's a lot of eggs!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

5. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Sorry for your loss, but congrats on the eggs!

6. smee82Fishlore VIPMember

Thats a heap of eggs

7. Thefishgeek33Valued MemberMember

Wow! that's a lot of Eggs, Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

8. waterlilykariWell Known MemberMember

So sorry for your loss. And what are you going to do with all those babies if they ALL hatch? You'll be swimming in crays!

I actually meant to message you now that we are back in town and things have settled enough again for me to have some time to jump on FishLore: do you plant your cray tank, stick to artificial plants or no plants and just hard decor to prevent them from "redecorating" on even the fakes?

9. OP
    OP
    Vyvid

VyvidWell Known MemberMember

I am going to sell all but 2 of the babies :)

I keep my crayfish in my cherry shrimp tank. There is some driftwood with moss, a couple coconut shell caves, and some naja anacharis that I just float so it doesn't get pulled up

10. aliray

alirayFishlore VIPMember

Sorry to hear about his passing. I was just thinking of you yesterday. I had stopped at petco and they had a blue lobster. Got me to thinking about Waver and wondering if they had started to have babies. Congrats on her being berried. Keep us posted on her progress please and can't wait for baby pictures. Alison

11. waterlilykariWell Known MemberMember

They don't eat the shrimp? I've actually been considering getting one after seeing them in a specialty store here but undecided so far.

12. Plecomaker

PlecomakerWell Known MemberMember

Lol, is that what you did with my shell caves?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice