Bad mom of greedy betta

Discussion in 'Advanced Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by Terscelle, Jun 19, 2016.

1. TerscelleValued MemberMember

I was trying to do the right thing. Not feed for a day or two since one Betts wasn't eating and the other was getting tattered looking fins. Had them in little containers while I redid their regular ones. Feed them peas. Non eating ate a little, the other gobbled it up as soon as it hit the water.....until I had one piece a little too big. Instead of spitting it out and eating bites like I have seen him do. He looks like it is stuck. I tried to grab an end with tweezers. He spit it out o cents and swooped in and got it again before I could.

2. OP
    OP
    T

TerscelleValued MemberMember

1466347613936.jpg

3. Airth

AirthValued MemberMember

My baby girls do that too. If they don't go for the mini pellets they'll grab a regular sized one (too big for some of them) and "chew" or suck on it for a bit then spit it out and repeat. lol Too cute.

My angels in a different tank also do that with algae wafers that are meant for the BN pleco and kuhlis. Little piggies. . . maybe why they've doubled in size over the past month. ._.

4. Brizburk

BrizburkWell Known MemberMember

I would recommend feeding only pieces that are small enough for the smallest fish. I had a tetra die that way - too large a piece of food wedged in his mouth. Not worth the risk in my opinion.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice