Bad mom of greedy betta

1. Terscelle Member Member

I was trying to do the right thing. Not feed for a day or two since one Betts wasn't eating and the other was getting tattered looking fins. Had them in little containers while I redid their regular ones. Feed them peas. Non eating ate a little, the other gobbled it up as soon as it hit the water.....until I had one piece a little too big. Instead of spitting it out and eating bites like I have seen him do. He looks like it is stuck. I tried to grab an end with tweezers. He spit it out o cents and swooped in and got it again before I could.

2. Terscelle Member Member

1466347613936.jpg

3. Airth Member Member

My baby girls do that too. If they don't go for the mini pellets they'll grab a regular sized one (too big for some of them) and "chew" or suck on it for a bit then spit it out and repeat. lol Too cute.

My angels in a different tank also do that with algae wafers that are meant for the BN pleco and kuhlis. Little piggies. . . maybe why they've doubled in size over the past month. ._.

4. Brizburk Member Member

I would recommend feeding only pieces that are small enough for the smallest fish. I had a tetra die that way - too large a piece of food wedged in his mouth. Not worth the risk in my opinion.