Bad Male Molly!!!

mistycheri

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have a pregnant black female molly and the black male molly is always chasing or following her around and it looks like he is nipping at her gravid spot (which, by the way, is white on a black molly ), Is this normal behavior? Is he waiting around for her to have her babies so he can eat em? >
I don't know how far along she is, I've only had her for a little over two weeks. But she has already developed the boxy look.
What should I do?? :-\ :-[

leafgirl115

Valued Member
Reaction score
Males will always do this to a female even if they are not preg. What do you have in the tank? Im woried that you only have 2 mollies. This is bad. You nead at least 2 females to every 1 male mollie (for all liveberors). If you could post some pictures of her we could tell you how long she is

mistycheri

Valued Member
Reaction score
I bought two black female mollies for the male. He worried one to death. I have another female sunset platy in the tank also. I have a list of my fish in my signature.

leafgirl115

Valued Member
Reaction score

I just asked because this is what you had:
10 gal. freshwater tank,
3 panda cory's - Kitty, Pandy, Zorro
1 male guppy - Cartman
1 baby platy - Tiny
1 black male molly - Boo
1 female sunset platy - Butters
2 spotted cory's - EL & Roy

5 gal. freshwater,
1 female betta - Elvira
1 spotted cory - Pepper
1 bronze cory - Rusty

You dont say you have any female mollies in it

Im sory about your fish though.

mistycheri

Valued Member
Reaction score
Ohhhh, that's cause I had added two of the black female mollies since then. I didn't add them to the signature cause you know how it is with new fish. I wanted to make sure they lived long enough to be added.

Craig

Well Known Member
Reaction score
sounds like u'll b fine now the male wont know who 2 chase 1st lol but definately normal behaviour with livebearers i currently hav 3 females swordtails to 1 male swordtail, bring on the babies!!! lol

C W

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom