Bad luck or what? Funny

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by pepetj, Mar 27, 2010.

1. pepetj

pepetj Well Known Member Member

I purchased two Marineland Magnun HOT 250 canister filters last Thursday. Brand new. I put one together that same night, didn't work. On Friday I put the other one and it barely works: really weak water output.

So I began playing with the two gaskets, maybe I got them wrong. Nothing improved. I went to the LFS Friday evening and told them what happened. They asked me to bring the filter in. I worked Saturday until 3:30PM so I was not in the mood of doing much. Tonight, as I carefully inspect them again, I found the problem.

One has the magnet of the impeller broken (the one that doesn't run at all). The other one also has a crack in the magnet but not yet completely broken (the one that works with a really weak flow).

What are the chances of purchasing two new Canister filters and have both with damaged impellers?

I just wrote an email to the owner of the store.

Pepetj
    Santo Domingo

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  2. Cichlidude

Cichlidude Valued Member Member

>What are the chances of purchasing two new Canister filters and have both with damaged impellers?

I'd say about 100%.

3. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Wow Pepetj,

Surely some bad luck there. I hope you're able to get them replaced. I really like my HOT filter especially when using the micron cartridge. I use it instead of my diatom filters for my goldfish tank. Crystal clear! :) I can even run it on my 265g with the micron cartridge for about 72 hours and then the cartridge has to be cleaned. I soak it in a bleach solution and it cleans very well.

Sorry you had to deal with this!

Ken

4. peacemaker92

peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

Sorry about your problem. Hope you can get them both replaced! Best of luck! :;hf

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice