Bad info at pet stores

Wolfman

Reaction score
I come to realize that most people who work in pet stores have no idea what they are talking about. I know this may seem like a weird topic but newbies like myself don't know this. I have found that most the info I got from the pet stores is wrong. I will give an example I was in pet smart this weekend and a guy and girl were looking at tanks the young lady working there was telling them to get a 10 gallon and put guppies in it the man asked how often do I clean it and her ansewer was "well once a week but if you get one of the pleco's once a month" so I pulled him a side and let him know about those "little pleco's". I just think pet stores should be more responsible about what they tell people.

P.S. Perhaps one of you top dogs on the site should write a guide for buying at the stores let folks know they will tell you all kinds of crazy **** and not to trust a bit of it.

Sorry about the rant

dazzler

Reaction score
it happens all over the world even here in australia!! good knowledge is hard to come by this website has become my new bible!

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Wolfman we understand, we've all been there BUT... there are good LFS out there you just have to hunt for them (usually a mom and pop store) and then give them all your business because it'shard to be a good store and compete with the big chains.
Carol

LilaBean

Reaction score
thank goodeness for the good LFS's -- I too found out the hard way by all too many times being frustrated by the poeple at petco and larger chain stores-- they are idiots-- I refuse to go there now-- once you find a good LFS you will never go back-- LILA

Jmarcus

Reaction score
It is hard to find a good LFS in my area because of big chains. I think that the employees of these chaine stores really belive that they are giving people good infomation. But unfortunley they go by hearsay not by facts, It sould be insested upon that these corparations properly train and screen their associates. Otherwise maybe we could stage a boycot. Power is in numbers.

New Threads