Bad attitude

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Meenu, Apr 20, 2010.

1. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

My best friend's kids want a fish tank.
    Her response: Keeping fish is very hard. You should talk to Aunt Meenu about it.
    Her husband's response: No it's not. You get a little bowl, stick a betta in, and when it dies in three weeks, you get a new one.:shock:

Really? Between my being in the hobby and her being a biologist, how can he have such a callous attitude? Does he not listen??

:;fru

2. LucyModeratorModerator Member

Ugh, sadly to a lot of people, they are 'just fish'.

3. bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

I'm going to quote a Fishlore moderator in response to this one:

By and large, people are stupid-Sirdarksol.

I remember this every time someone annoys me with ignorance to fish and their needs.

4. Beth1965Well Known MemberMember

Ignorance is something I have not learned to tolerate easily

5. ryanrModeratorModerator Member

Sad.... I always remember what my late grand father used to say to me... "Never argue with a fool, people may not be able to tell the difference"

6. Maybe he just has a sarcastic sense of humor........:;dk

7. sirdarksolFishlore LegendMember

Criminy! I said that?

I mean, I think it all the time, and I express it to my wife and close friends all the time, but I can't believe I actually put it on the forum here. ;D

8. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

lol... it's quite famous. You're quoted in peoples' signatures, on threads...

9. jerilovesfrogsFishlore VIPMember

well that's pretty much my husband's attitude. i actually thought about starting a thread on it! lol. he's like, umm, do you really need to do all this work? why are you changing the water all the time. can't u do it every month? i told him someone said, dilution is the solution to pollution. he laughed at me.

he likes the fish and all, but just doesn't understand anything at all that goes into it.

everyone on here should be very proud that they take the time to actually care about their fish pets! :clapping:

10. Red1313Fishlore VIPMember

Lol jers that quote was me I think :p and was from one of my vet profs :p

I know that attitude and after awhile it gets to the point where you just stop talking fish with some people :S

11. FlufeehValued MemberMember

Well put. :D

12. JrobberWell Known MemberMember

Exact same thing my girlfriend says, and she even bought me the tank!!!

13. LICfishWell Known MemberMember

LOL. I read your post to my boyfriend because that's exactly what he sounds like, in addition to "why can't you put more fish in the tank" or "let's get the nice looking fish".

14. midthoughtWell Known MemberMember

"Nice looking"?? What fish are nice looking and what fish of yours not make the cut?

15. LICfishWell Known MemberMember

LOL. He doesn't think my dwarf puffers made the cut but the flaming dwarf gouramis are fine.

16. navyscubaWell Known MemberMember

That is easy Try this tell him lets do something for a week let me put you on a kiddy pool for a week with just water and a mask with a snorkel lets see if he gets bored and last a week in the pool. I'll bet he die in the pool too, and tell him no problem that you're gonna get you a biker now.. :whistling:

On man did I just started something again from another post to continue here? :giggle:

17. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

:;rl That's hilarious... and first thing in the morning. Thanks. :)

18. jerilovesfrogsFishlore VIPMember

lol, oh was it you red? it just stuck in my mind....it's catchy :p plus very true.

LICfish: he actually has said....oh i like the rasboras.....but i'm just looking forward to other fish. he doesn't understand the fish have to "get along", AND fit into your aquarium size. i'm finishing the school of razzys, then probably getting corys. then a honey gourami. hope he approves! lol. i have snails, and i said to him last night, come look at the snail teetering on this plant. he's like, oh yeah, that's the same as watching grass grow. what?! he's too impatient to appreciate the snails. :p

19. navyscubaWell Known MemberMember

You're welcome. ;D

20. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

Our jokes are making it across threads a lot. ;D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice