Bacterial infection

1. BBisbee Member Member

Hello. I need some more advice. I have posted a few times about this and just want to make sure what I am doing is ok. My Betta had gotten fin rot shortly after I bought him from a structure that leached into his tank. While treating him for it he got ich. I treated him with malachite green and after about a week, ich was gone and he had regrowth. Then I put him in a 5, gallon. Heated, filtered. He has bounced back and forth with fin degeneration and regrowth for about 5 months. He also started getting gray/blue blotchy patches everywhere, body, fins. I was told it was marbling. Then a bubble popped out in the tail. Now his dorsal fin is looking melted together. Everywhere is ripping. He looks awful. So here's what I'm doing. His tank reads 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 5 nitrates, 80f, ph is 7.9 I added indian almond leaves 2 days ago. I have been doing 50% water changes every day. I use prime for my conditioner. I don't want to use medicine as I'm afraid to even use meds on myself. Plus I have trumpet snails and don't have a spare tank for a hospital tank. Don't want to hurt them. Am I changing too much? Anything else I should be doing?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. BBisbee Member Member

Should I try some Methylene Blue in a bucket every day for a half hour or so?

Bowie is suffering. Progression pictures below. ↓ I was instructed to do daily water changes of 50% that I have been doing for a week but I feel like that is too much?? He has been much more active, bubble nesting now which he never use to, but his fins look worse and worse ro me, and now the bulgy eyes. :( I have been told to buy Methylene Blue. I have to go buy a bucket of some sort to treat him in. Can I just treat him in the solution for a certain amount of time every day instead of putting in his tank? How do I actually use it? [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] this last pic is this morning.

3. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Threads have been merged to keep all the information in one place

4. BBisbee Member Member

Sorry about that.