Bacteria bloom?

JoeCal52

2 days ago I did a 35% water change cuz it was time to do it. The water was pretty clear but not pristine so I wanted to use a little accu-clear to straighten that out. Having taken care of fish for so many years I should have known better and I read the instructions wrong. I actually treated 100 gallons of water and only have a 30 gallon tank so my water turned instant cloudy like milk was added to it. I called a few pet shops but they don't know much.They told me to leave it as is and it will clear up on its own but I'm not that type of person. I rather it get clear as quick as possible. So, since I just got through with a 35% change a few days ago, I'm afraid to do any more water changes because I may crash my cycle which has been perfect for quite some time; how do I clear up this tank? Some suggest Seachem stability, some say small water changes every day. Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated and thanks for having me on your website

GlennO

I don't know if that stuff can be toxic and if you need to do any water changes but they won't crash your cycle. Beneficial bacteria live mostly in your filter, not in the water.

Upvote 0

JoeCal52

I don't know if that stuff can be toxic and if you need to do any water changes but they won't crash your cycle. Beneficial bacteria live mostly in your filter, not in the water.
Thanks GlennO,
The fish are doing fine and I was told it's not toxic to the fish. they're eating well, and very active so I'm not worried about that, I'm just a little worried that too many frequent water changes will crash the cycle but you've cleared that up. Maybe I'll do another 35% today and see how it goes. I think I'm still going to keep that seachem on hand I hear it's good stuff. Have a great day.
Joey

Upvote 0

86 ssinit

I do 50% daily on a 50 with no problems :). What is accu-clear? Is it bottled bacteria? Next how often do you regularly change water? How are the fish?

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
otterblue
Replies
Views
Lodex13
Replies
Views
DoubleDutch
  • Question