Bacteria bloom?

JitsuMitsu

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hello I’ve had a tank for little over four weeks so far. Ammonia is 0 nitrites 0 nitrate 0-5. Last few days or so the water has been little milky/cloudy. Some white floating cloud/slime is on plants etc. not too much. The axolotl is fine and everything/happy. Will the bacteria bloom and slime stuff go away eventually? I’ve done two smaller water changes to help clear some of the cloudiness away

OniEG

Reaction score
JitsuMitsu said:
Hello I’ve had a tank for little over four weeks so far. Ammonia is 0 nitrites 0 nitrate 0-5. Last few days or so the water has been little milky/cloudy. Some white floating cloud/slime is on plants etc. not too much. The axolotl is fine and everything/happy. Will the bacteria bloom and slime stuff go away eventually? I’ve done two smaller water changes to help clear some of the cloudiness away
This usually happens when I'm starting a new tank. It should go away with time. I just added a few ramshorn to see if they'll eat all the slime stuff.

OP
JitsuMitsu

JitsuMitsu

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Okay. Thanks. Just a little water change every week or so to help with it and eventually it’ll go away?

SeaMonkey06

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
JitsuMitsu said:
Okay. Thanks. Just a little water change every week or so to help with it and eventually it’ll go away?
This is most likely a bacterial bloom. I had this once and just did a couple larger, more frequent water changes and this got rid of the cloudiness.

New Threads