Bacopa Completely Rotted

Adriifu

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hello! I just bought a couple stems of bacopa and put them in my 10-gallon tank with a betta and some snails. The tank was cycled when I put it in. It also has fertilizers in the water column. Easy Iron and Thrive, I believe. I didn't put in any root fertilizers because I've run out. I'll be purchasing some more this week, though. Unfortunately, every stem except one began to turn brown from the bottom up after a couple of days. The leaves also started to fall. I removed everything that rotted. The last stem seems to be all right for now. Any ideas why this happened? Thanks

NLindsey921

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I have bacopa in a 10 gallon with nothing but light and fish and I'm constantly trimming it away.

Adriifu

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
The lighting I have is 15 Watts. It was originally in a tank outside, but I moved it to this tank. It was only there for a day or two and was doing fine. When the rotted plants were in the ten-gallon, the stems weren’t completely submerged in the substrate. I had them wedged between a couple rocks, but the space wasn’t too tight to the point where the roots got damaged. I’m gonna put my last root tab in this tank after a week just to make sure I don’t waste it on a plant that’s gonna die. Here’s a picture of the tank and my last stem. The second is where the dead plants were placed. There’s also no lid on the tank.

Attachments

Adriifu

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
MD_Plants said:
May I ask the scientific name of that bocapa...
I wouldn’t know. Pet Supermarket doesn’t provide me with scientific names. Why do you ask?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom