background

1. dano569 Member Member

has anyone ever used a background on their tank that was a silver metallic?it would be like a mirror.what do you think it would look like?

2. dahly Member Member

A double exposure? It might look nice, shinning the tank and occupants back at each other. Some people recommend solid colors, blue or black, to keep the emphasis on the fish. My tropical tank has a "Lake Tangan...." rocky cichlid background. The boy's thought it looked cool, and I didn't know better at the time. I will be replacing it with a background with plants, similar to what Isabella, I believe has on hers. I really like that. Put it behind a tank at the lfs and see if you like it, before you buy. It's your tank, do what you want! ;)

3. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Dano,
    Try it out by taping some aluminum foil on the back of the tank!

4. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

I put foil on the back of my unheated tank for awhile.

Carol

Attached Files:

5. dano569 Member Member

i ended up going with a rocky background.i guess mostly because it is gonna be a mbuna tank.thanks everybody.

6. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

That should look great.
    I eventually took the foil off the back, because the Hillstreams never seemed to attach themselves to the back. The background is dark now and they are always there. So there ends my experiment ;)
    Carol