Background plants

Roomcat

Quick question: i want to create a nice background "wall" of plants to make my tank look a little fuller.

Should i go for 1 type of plant or different types? What would look better? I currently have Java Fern and ludwigia repens.

Any suggestions on how to move from here?

Attachments

• 16107148641397728589859525328242.jpg
    16107148641397728589859525328242.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 37

Shrimp42

Nice tank. Maybe jungle vals? Or african water weeds. I'm not good at aquascaping though so it may be a bad idea.

Upvote 0

redtetra

I kind of struggle with plants but I’ve been somewhat successful. What worked for me was buying a little of each type of plant. Some will die off and some will thrive!
One of my favorites I didn’t even purchase. It hitched a ride and is growing well. I don’t even know what it is lol

enjoy!

ps: your tank looks great the way it is. Fish always appreciate open spaces

Upvote 0

ProudPapa

I'd suggest just more of the same plants you already have in back. Also, you didn't ask, but you'd be surprised how much nicer your tank will look with a black or brown background. Colored poster board is pretty cheap, and you can always remove it if you don't like it, but I think you will.

Upvote 0

Roomcat

I
I'd suggest just more of the same plants you already have in back. Also, you didn't ask, but you'd be surprised how much nicer your tank will look with a black or brown background. Colored poster board is pretty cheap, and you can always remove it if you don't like it, but I think you will.
I have a black background it looks really good. I'm probably going to get some more ludwigia to plant behind the rock.

That, or replace my hygrophilia from front to back.
I kind of struggle with plants but I’ve been somewhat successful. What worked for me was buying a little of each type of plant. Some will die off and some will thrive!
One of my favorites I didn’t even purchase. It hitched a ride and is growing well. I don’t even know what it is lol

enjoy!

ps: your tank looks great the way it is. Fish always appreciate open spaces
Thanks alot i'm really perfectionistic about my tank so thats nice to hear.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Iggypuffer

Random Great Thread!

New Plant Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom