Background For Aquarium?

Discussion in 'Saltwater Beginners' started by Fishygirl1219, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Fishygirl1219Valued MemberMember

So I'm getting this tank going it's a 55 gallon long tank and was wondering what everyone opinion was on background for it??? Pics and website would be awesome ....I want something ocean themed of course

7058bec1698f6effd12a6552b825b6f8.jpg

2. Caitlin86Well Known MemberMember

They have some really cool ones on ebay...if u type in aquarium backgrounds

3. grantm91Fishlore VIPMember

I like black on the back of my sw tank aa1aa38050acc8f411f62499f84b7d4c.jpg as it makes everything pop, you can just use a small roller with acrylic paint, also marine blue would look nice.

4. Fishygirl1219Valued MemberMember

I was thinking black or blue.... I don't really want to paint it cause once it's there it's there and you have to know me but I like to change things alot lol especially backgrounds...... My poor freshwater fish have been to more "places than I can name lol

5. grantm91Fishlore VIPMember

Haha no, acrylic paint you just scrape it off with a scraper

6. Fishygirl1219Valued MemberMember

Oh really?? I had no idea ....Where do you buy it at??

7. grantm91Fishlore VIPMember

You know the paint what you use for doing paintings like art, an art shop you could get it just a few dollars i imagine

8. grantm91Fishlore VIPMember

I seem to always have black backgrounds they just show all the colours off 25ac52958a940794adadc672ee98c9ce.jpg

9. Fishygirl1219Valued MemberMember

I think I'm going to go with black... Or I'll buy that background that's black and blue .... But I think I'll go with black it does seem to make the color pop and honestly im doing the salt water for my fiance hes color blind and the saltwater fish pop more to him than freshwater

10. grantm91Fishlore VIPMember

Yeah im new to the sw scene thats my first ever set up ive never seen colours like it, alot of its down to lighting though i have found.

11. AWheelerWell Known MemberMember

I painted mine black and blue with acrylic paint :)

Attached Files: