Background finished for 20gal

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by Littlebudda, Aug 7, 2015.

1. LittlebuddaWell Known MemberMember

Finally finished and installed background in my daughters new 20gal octagonal.

This is a bit of an experiment in filtration I'm putting a sand fall in and hoping that the circulating sand will work as a sand filter.
    ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438998234.530675.jpgImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438998275.346474.jpgImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438998432.293186.jpgImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438998457.229572.jpgImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438998473.359506.jpgImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438998488.742893.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. TanksbyTimValued MemberMember

I've never seen a 20 gallon octagonal tank before, and that background looks great! I'm not sure if the sand would be enough to filter the tank, but I don't have any experience with sand filters. What are you future plans for this tank? Looks great! :)

3. LittlebuddaWell Known MemberMember

In theory it should work I had a fluidised sand filter on my 55 and it was fine.

It's going to be heavily planted and will be mainly used for fry with a few small fish to keep the cycle

4. TanksbyTimValued MemberMember

With such a small stock list you should be more than fine with that filter. Good luck with the new tank! :)

5. LittlebuddaWell Known MemberMember

I'll post pics when I get sand and plants in

6. TanksbyTimValued MemberMember

I'm excited to see! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice