Back up power!

Discussion in 'Saltwater Beginners' started by mepling, Nov 27, 2012.

1. meplingNew MemberMember

Hey all. I have started a new tank for my Green Spotted puffer. Im new to salt/brakish tanks so Ive been doing TONS of research so as to keep my puffer in good health. I realized how important it is to keep saltwater environment stable and now Iam concerned about power outages comming up on winter season. What do you guys recomend for back up power (on a tight budget)?. What about extended power loss like a week or so? Am I just looking at buying a huge expensive generator lol?

2. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

3. OP
    OP
    m

meplingNew MemberMember

Wow. Thats a lot of really good info! Thank you. Maybe I should have used the search... lol

4. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Glad to help anytime!

Ken

5. Jaysee

JayseeFishlore LegendMember

welcome to the forum

There are cheap generators - under 500.

6. Orion5

Orion5Well Known MemberMember

A 1000 W generator is relatively cheap and if you only have the one tank to worry about, it will probably do the trick for short term. It worked fine and powered my two aquariums during a 2 day power outage. I'll be looking at the links posted myself for info as well though for long term ideas. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice