Back To My Co2 Setup

Kingofnon
Fed up with my questions yet?

So the two photos. One is my canister and psI gauge. The over is the diffuser it goes to with a built in bubble counter. Now is it normal to have to change it all the time? I had the canister open for 35 bubbles a minute. Twice today I checked it and it was not working...zerI bubbles so I has to play with the guage again. Is this normal???

20180408_174330.jpg
20180408_174335.jpg

Dave125g
I have the same diffuser. At first it took too much pressure to get anything going and the tube just kept pooping off. Now that's its a year old it works pretty good. You didn't find any leak in the system ?

Kingofnon
I have the same diffuser. At first it took too much pressure to get anything going and the tube just kept pooping off. Now that's its a year old it works pretty good. You didn't find any leak in the system ?
Will cheak and report back

Kingofnon
Nope no leak.
The pressure was at 1000psI when I started it now its at 500psi. I assume that's the psI dropping because co2 is getting used up.

But no. No leaks in tubing. I have new tubing. Maybe ill take it out and start again. Clean it all make sure connection are right etc

TexasGuppy
That looks like a lot of CO2 coming out. Are you sure it's only 35 bpm? Also, those little tanks won't last long and I believe are pretty expensive. I'm using a 24oz paintball tank from Sports Authority, very cheap and only $4 per refill. 3bps lasted me over a month running around 6 hr day. I've increased that now to 10, so I'll see how long it lasts.

Kingofnon
That looks like a lot of CO2 coming out. Are you sure it's only 35 bpm? Also, those little tanks won't last long and I believe are pretty expensive. I'm using a 24oz paintball tank from Sports Authority, very cheap and only $4 per refill. 3bps lasted me over a month running around 6 hr day. I've increased that now to 10, so I'll see how long it lasts.
Mistske number 1.... I didnt know to turn it off at night

TexasGuppy
Plants won't convert CO2 to oxygen at night without light. You don't want to kill fish with too much CO2.

Dave125g
Yes those little tanks won't last too long. The other thing I forgot to mention is the way I got my diffuser working. I had to soak the disk in bleach. After that it worked like a charm.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
KinderScout
Replies
Views
kc10131984
Replies
Views
Chanyi
Replies
Views