Back into the hobby!!

FisHobbyist

Hello all,

I am 33 years old and have had freshwater aquariums growing up ranging from 5 gallons to 210 gallons. Sometimes I've owned just one aquarium and sometimes up to six aquariums; I guess some can relate how the hobby goes...I grew up in the DFW area then moved to Alaska where I spent the last couple years but actually didn't own any aquariums while living there. Now I'm living in the Midwest and I'm ready to get back into the hobby. My wife and I have two small planted Fluval Spec V aquariums but we just moved into our new home and I recently ordered a 310 gal Megamatrix aquarium from Planet Aquariums. I plan to build the stand, filtration, and make that a planted aquarium as well! Hopefully I will have some photos to share soon.

coleh11

The 310 sounds awesome! Make sure to post pictures during and after the build process! I have a 10 gallon right now and am going to do a planted 75 soon. Hope you enjoy the forum!

solarblue

A 310 sounds amazing to me and I can't wait to see what you do with it. My tank currently is a 28 gallon but when I eventually buy a house and move then I will be getting a much larger tank too!

FisHobbyist

The 310 sounds awesome! Make sure to post pictures during and after the build process! I have a 10 gallon right now and am going to do a planted 75 soon. Hope you enjoy the forum!
Thanks! I still consider myself new to plants. Everything has been low tech so I will most likely run some tests on a quarantine tank with CO2 before I am feeling bold enough to run it on the 310.

A 310 sounds amazing to me and I can't wait to see what you do with it. My tank currently is a 28 gallon but when I eventually buy a house and move then I will be getting a much larger tank too!
Awesome! Yes it has been a long wait since I could do an aquarium this size. I can't wait until it arrives. What do you have in the 28 gal?

Also, I am living in Waterloo, IA. Anyone from there area?? Always great to meet fellow aquarium hobbyists!

coleh11

Thanks! I still consider myself new to plants. Everything has been low tech so I will most likely run some tests on a quarantine tank with CO2 before I am feeling bold enough to run it on the 310.
I would love to try co2 but it sounds a little too expensive and complicated for me right now.

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom