Back Into The Hobby After A Long Absence...

jjohnwm

Greetings, I happened to stumble upon this forum today and decided to join up. I was an avid aquarist for many years when I was younger, and had a fair bit of experience with both fresh- and salt-water aquariums. I had a 360-gallon homemade plywood aquarium as the centerpiece of my living room for about 15 years, but drifted away from the hobby due to a new job and new home.

Now, after about 15 years away from the hobby, I'm starting to get back into it in a small way. About 4 years I got a single Paradise Fish in a large brandy snifter...which led to a 30-gallon tank in my den...followed by a pond dug in my yard...which of course necessitated the construction of a 120-gallon plywood tank in my basement to house the pond fish during the winter...and now I must tread lightly because I don't want "pleasant maintenance" to become "grueling labour".

Looking forward to reading and learning about all the new advancements in techniques, equipment, new species, etc. Who knows, I might even post something once in a blue moon!

John

WinterSoldier.

WELCOME! You will find lots of people who are CRAZY about fish here!!

Aquaman111

Welcome back!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Whitewolf
Replies
Views
gatekeeper
Replies
Views
julifhy