Back from Xmas break

Makena95'GT

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Right before I left I bought an automatic feeder for the 20G and a
Small vacation feeder block meant for a few days for the 10G

I come back expecting the worst. Only one casualty. Mama Platy. The water levels on both tanks were crazy low to the point where the AQ filter crashed on me. I topped off the water and dosed with prime. I noticed in the 20 the filter intake fell off and was floating but I left it while I did a head count. Couldn't find the BN Pleco turned out after the intake fell off he wedged himself in there and got stuck. I tried backing him out but his fins kept getting caught. He seemed pretty weak but still had some spirit to fight with me.
I busted out the scissors and tore that intake to shreds to get him out. He swam off an is happily sucking on the glass. No clamped fins. Although some do look a little rotors from being in there.
The cichlids grew alot. Platy babies seem the same size LOL. I also checked the 10G
Everyone accounted for an the tadpole aka Ninja is sprouting legs. Great. Now I really need to find something to do with him. The cichlids in there are getting mighty big. But everything was pretty calm aside from the ABN getting stuck

Attachments

Dino

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Glad to hear things were not as bad as you feared they would be.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome back

My goodness, look at your pleco! Glad he's doing ok!!

Seeing tadpoles morph is just the coolest thing, isn't it?

Makena95'GT

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Yup his fins are def torn :/ but he looks glad to be free

Yes, watching Ninja has been amazing. I didn't know he'd grow so fast!

EDIT: I also just found one sole survivor Ghost Shrimp. LOL I'll have to get him some friends again

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom