Baby Yellow Tang In 25g

JR. Reefer

I'm setting up 25g (26Lx18Dx12.5H) and want to know your opinion on keeping a baby yellow tang (1-4 inches) in the 25g until it outgrows the tank. I would add it last and make sure I have a healthy stable tank before I add it. would you recommend a baby dwarf angel (flame angel) instead?

puffer boi

JR. Reefer said:
I'm setting up 25g (26Lx18Dx12.5H) and want to know your opinion on keeping a baby yellow tang (1-4 inches) in the 25g until it outgrows the tank. I would add it last and make sure I have a healthy stable tank before I add it. would you recommend a baby dwarf angel (flame angel) instead?
I thought you were getting your 55 setup?

JR. Reefer

puffer boi said:
I thought you were getting your 55 setup?
selling it to big...

puffer boi

JR. Reefer said:
selling it to big...
rip what other things do u think ur gona stock the 25 with?

JR. Reefer

SecretiveFish

You would maybe have the yellow tang maybe 3 months before it outgrew the tank... I really would not suggest doing this.

If you go with a 30 gallon and if you are looking for something yellow, you could go with a midas blenny or a gold assessor basslet. For a fourth fish, you could get a clown goby or a pink spotted watchman goby.

Jesterrace

JR. Reefer said:
It is never a good idea to get a small fish and then "transfer it when it gets too big" Tangs are very prone to ich and this becomes a much bigger issue when placing even a small one in a tank that it really isn't a good fit for.

puffer boi

Jesterrace said:
It is never a good idea to get a small fish and then "transfer it when it gets too big" Tangs are very prone to ich and this becomes a much bigger issue when placing even a small one in a tank that it really isn't a good fit for.
this theard is 2 months old...

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom