Baby tears in aquarium?

SnookusFish

I have a plant called baby tears (soleirolia soleirolii) in my garden and want to try growing it submerged in my tank. Anyone have any experience, advice or photographs?

HHHHMMMMMMMMMM

In the wild it sometimes grows submerged in swampy evironments, so I would expect some melt and then It will grow. The submersed forum may be totally different than the emersed form. I likes shade too, so great for a low light tank. Let me know how it does, I might have to buy some soon.

SnookusFish

1589293473534348600262.jpg
Just planted, hoping for a low tech carpet along with my marsilea

SouthAmericanCichlids

Oh my goodness I thought you meant actual baby tears. And I was like what even. lol

HHHHMMMMMMMMMM

I thought it was dwarf baby tears and I was like 'what is this weirdo thinking? Dwarf baby teras are aquatic plants.'

HHHHMMMMMMMMMM

and then I got real confused when I saws the pictures and I thought it was creeping jenny.

SnookusFish

Nope nope and nope hehe. How.long should it take until i see changes?

HHHHMMMMMMMMMM

Probably a few days. I'm guessing it will melt back like a crypt and then regrow. If I was you, I would pant most of it normally but save a small portion. I would hack the small piece so it was just roots and a little bit of stem and then plant it. Crypts grow better when you do that, I don't see why this plant wouldn't.

SnookusFish

Just found a thread of someone else doing the same thing. His grew rapidly in water and then died after 6 months. Maybe would work better in a palaudarium type setup

HHHHMMMMMMMMMM

they grow in bogs, so ur probably right.

SnookusFish

they grow in bogs, so ur probably right.
Meh, im going to try it anyway, 6 months is plenty of time

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
JustAFishServant
Replies
Views
CPTropicalAquatics
Replies
Views
AGAqua
Replies