Baby Snails In Tank Help

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by alexluna, Aug 23, 2019.

1. alexluna

alexlunaNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi! I bought some fish and a plant from a good reputable fish store near me but all of the fish were good for a few weeks and then died from ick in 1-2 days. I’m thinking it was not ick but idk

I have kept fish for years and i know about cycling the tank and all of the water test were good but they all died

While I was there I bought a hornworth plant and now there are tons of baby snails everywhere!

I am still treating the tank with API super ick cure are the snails okay to live in there now and also what are kind are they?? I’m think nerite?

Attached Files:

2. Latrell

LatrellValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +40
    Experience:
    2 years
    There bladder snail aka pond snails and there fine in ur tank for awhile cause they breed like crazy if there is a constant availability of food....U can get assassin snails to eat them or a less humane way is to crush them when you see them ...hope this helps.

3. Skavatar

SkavatarWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +2,514
    Experience:
    2 years
    yep, bladder snails. i had bought some hornwort, even QT it for a few weeks in a separate container. everything looked fine, but after i put it into my patio pond i started seeing them about a week later. i just crush them with my fingers and let my goldfish eat them.

Become a Fishlore Member