Baby Snails In Tank

alexluna

Hi! I bought some fish and a plant from a good reputable fish store near me but all of the fish were good for a few weeks and then died from ick in 1-2 days. I’m thinking it was not ick but idk

I have kept fish for years and I know about cycling the tank and all of the water test were good but they all died

While I was there I bought a hornworth plant and now there are tons of baby snails everywhere!

I am still treating the tank with API super ick cure are the snails okay to live in there now and also what are kind are they?? I’m think nerite?

Attachments

Latrell

There bladder snail aka pond snails and there fine in ur tank for awhile cause they breed like crazy if there is a constant availability of food....U can get assassin snails to eat them or a less humane way is to crush them when you see them ...hope this helps.

Skavatar

Well Known
yep, bladder snails. I had bought some hornwort, even QT it for a few weeks in a separate container. everything looked fine, but after I put it into my patio pond I started seeing them about a week later. I just crush them with my fingers and let my goldfish eat them.

New Threads