Baby shrimps finally!

Convoluted77

Reaction score
Yeah yeah I know breeding cherry shrimp is easy but I'm still excited haha.Had fire reds for a few months now and after the 1st month I realised I didn't have any males so I added a few.I could see the females getting super fat and slow and fanning a lot but since they are so red I could never actually see that were berried.Did a small water change on the weekend and ran some purigen since the tannins where a little out of control.I noticed some little red dots out of the corner my eye and it took me a bit to finally focus in on them but I was pretty happy when I did.I found several more as well so I'm feeling good that there's enough snacks in the tank for some baby shrimps to survive on.Sorry the pic sucks.Had to 12x zoom on him/her.The youngins are about half the size of white rice.

Attachments

TWiG87

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That’s awesome, congrats

OP
C

Convoluted77

Reaction score
Thanks.Cant wait to see how the colors turn out.The pic looks kinda crummy but to the naked eye the ones I've found so far are a pretty deep blood red so I'm hopeful I'll have some winners :)

OP
C

Convoluted77

Reaction score
richie.p said:
Time patients and a few males works wonders hope it goes well for you,
Thanks.I'm starting to think there's a whole bunch of shrimplets and I'm just now starting to see them.I did finally see a female tonight that was kicking away at little pairs of eyeballs.Game on.

OP
C

Convoluted77

Reaction score
Well the shrimplets from a week ago have nearly doubled in size.No trouble spotting them now as they have integrated in with the adults and don't hide any more.I found a new batch of shrimplets that aren't much bigger than a detritus worm at the moment.This is so fun and interesting.I feel like a little kid again lol.

New Threads