Baby Shrimp?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by shoeears, Jul 14, 2019.

1. shoeears

shoeearsNew MemberMember

We got a bunch of shrimp from a work friend and I think they had babies? I have attached pictures of the shrimp (would love to know what kind of shrimp they are) and I have circled what could be a baby shrimp. If it's not a baby shrimp, what the heck is it?
    We noticed a bunch of tiny things crawling on the glass. Some look like what I circled and some are even smaller and are shaped a bit differently, like round with what looks like a tail shaped like a stick?

Attached Files:

2. MrBryan723

MrBryan723Well Known MemberMember

That isn't baby shrimp actually. It is another crustacean(shrimp still?) I don't k ow the exact name but copepods are what I call them.It's also a female. Those 2 things on the sides are egg sacs. They are harmless and good fish food.

3. Demeter

DemeterFishlore VIPMember

Baby cherry shrimp look just like mini shrimp so that is not a shrimp at all. Looks like a copepod or similar aquatic “bug”. Harmless and healthy in the average planted aquarium. Great fish food for little fry too.

4. nickrcarter6

nickrcarter6New MemberMember

Your shrimp look to be cherry shrimp just either yound and not colored up yet or just culls of a red line of neocaradina shrimp