Baby shrimp :)

1. mizz_pyro Member Member

well i guess my female shrimp was further along then i thought, she let most her babys out last night. when i came home from work i found one little baby sitting in the crypt. but then a second later he was gone. the mama shrimp is sitting by the plant i think by where shes letting the little ones out. will she stand there and guard them? is there anything special i should do to? do you think my two little spotted corys will end up eating them?

2. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

Hi,

Congrats on the babies!! No the mother shrimp won't do anything. The baby shrimp will be completely independent. I never did anything really special for baby snails. Added food in places that the fish couldn't get to but that was just a precaution. The corries might eat a few but I'm sure you'll end up with a bunch.

3. Landozer18 Well Known Member Member

They will find left over pieces of food on there own.

4. mizz_pyro Member Member

well in all honesty i havent fed this tank for a few months due to a massive water flea bloom. my betta sushi couldnt eat them fast enough so i had added my two live plants, 3 shrimp (2 berried), and 2 little spotted corys. the mass amount of fleas are gone, though i still see a hand full here and there.

what should i use for food for the babys? or will they do like the others and eat the little water fleas. for food options i have new life specrum betta pellets, sinking cory pellets, dryed blood worms, and tropical fish flakes.

5. Landozer18 Well Known Member Member

they will eat it all.... I don't think they will eat the fleas.
    Just make sure something goes to the bottom that the can scavenge.
    Doesn't have to be much

6. mizz_pyro Member Member

my bigger shrimp eat the fleas i dont see why the babys wont but thanks for the info

7. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

Yeah baby shrimp will eat just about anything. However they are scavengers, not hunters. They wont eat the fleas until they are adults.

8. Landozer18 Well Known Member Member

thought so