Baby Shrimp And Filter Question 

FloydtheBetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hey everyone,

I have tried to attach a sponge to my filter intakes to keep the baby shrimp from getting sucked in but I haven’t figured out a way to get it to stay yet.

I have two berried shrimp in my tank at the moment so I’m a bit concerned. Will baby shrimp fit through this type of intake? (Pic attached)

Attachments

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
can you put the sponge on the intake then put an elastic around it twisted numerous times to hold it there. Also you can take filter floss and wrap it around the intake with an elastic as well.

FloydtheBetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I attached a pic of the intake, it’s not your typical one so there’s actually four in my tank.

I tried to to cut intake sponges so they would be flat and then glue them on but they wouldn’t stay. I also can’t use elastic because it’s a flat, slotted intake.

I feel like the slots are small enough that the shrimplets won’t fit through but I’m not sure.0

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Not even the polyfill would work the ones that come in sheets? What type of filter is it.

Fishcat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Could you take a picture that shows that whole area of the tank, including the filter intake? I’m having some trouble picturing the setup.

Bru

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Shrimplets are very tiny so I'm guessing some would end up in there are you putting the sponge on the inside, down to where those intake slots are? A better idea of the filter type would definitely help.

KoiBettas

Valued Member
Reaction score
Shrimplets will deifinetely get in there, is it possible that you can cut a sponge or get filter floss and stuff it in from the inside of the filter? I have similar intakes on my filter and that's what I did for my shrimp but the intakes are where the heater goes so I had enough space. A picture of the whole filter will be better

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom