Baby Ramshorn Laying Eggs Everywhere!! Help

Discussion in 'Advanced Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by The Hun (Betta Girl), Jun 26, 2018.

1. The Hun (Betta Girl)

The Hun (Betta Girl) New Member Member

My baby ramshorn snail is laying eggs all over the aquarium I have her/him in!! I have only had it for about two months and when I got it, it was so small I was trying not to squish it! I got the guy at PetSmart to sneak one into my bag because they don't sell them but they have them. Anyway, it's a beautiful red or pink, can't tell yet. So pretty. Especially since I gave it snello with calcium. So what now? picture_2018_6_26_12_22_58_804.jpg picture_2018_6_26_12_37_47_444.jpg picture_2018_6_26_12_42_26_680.jpg picture_2018_6_26_12_36_56_56.jpg

2. finnipper59

finnipper59 Well Known Member Member

Nothing to do now except wait for them to hatch...invasion of the algae snatchers.

3. bryangar

bryangar Well Known Member Member

What do you mean what now? You can let them hatch or scrape them off the glass and toss them. You can even give them away.

4. OP
    OP
    The Hun (Betta Girl)

That's what I meant by, what now? You answered my question exactly! Thank you. Do you know how many weeks until I should see movement in the little blobs?

Do you know if it's safe to keep all types of snails together? Except for Assassin snails, of course. I'm mostly worried about bigger snails hurting the tiny babies of other snails.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2018
  5. NLindsey921

NLindsey921 Well Known Member Member

I have mysteries, pond, ramshorn, rabbit and mts together. I've never noticed anything hurting anything else. I also have a few assassins. The assassins eat the ramshorn and pest but not so fast that they disappear. The mysteries crawl all over everyone else but it doesn't hurt them.

6. bryangar

bryangar Well Known Member Member

between 2-5 weeks.

7. OP
    OP
    The Hun (Betta Girl)

Thank you. I just got in there and squished as many as I could find and I even found two babies already hatched!! Ugh. I don't want an overpopulation. I just want a couple. Heh heh.

Ok thank you. I noticed the mystery snails crawling over the others and I just wanted to make sure they weren't trying to rasp on them, lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2018
  8. finnipper59

finnipper59 Well Known Member Member

I'm really not an expert on snail species, especially newborn snails that might appear to be a treat for certain fish like bettas.

9. OP
    OP
    The Hun (Betta Girl)

It's so true. I actually wish the pet stores would have been more responsible about selling me the snails I've bought. I've specifically asked if the snails would be ok. Of course they said yes, but I've had to move them around a lot because of bullying. Eventually when I have the room, I will get them their own tank. For now maybe the betta will keep down the population?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice