Baby Platy Crooked

lexkim531

I have two male fish in my tank. One is a baby the other is a little older and a little larger that his brother. Both the larger older one and the baby platy, they are a cross between a red tail Dalmatian male and a Blue MM platy female. (But the smaller one got his dads genes)

The older platy will follow him around the tank and it’s really cute until he occasionally rams him. To which the baby platy goes crooked. Almost like his spine is crooked. He still swims around and breaths, he just takes a few mins to get back to normal. I don’t know what this could be. Tonight the older brother was ruthless, he rammed him 3 or 4 times and the smaller one was getting even more crooked.

Help! I don’t know what could be wrong with him!!!!

Gypsy13

First thing I’d do is separate them. The little one has no chance if he’s being picked on like this. Can you do this? Please? Then post pics of him?

lexkim531

It’s strange bc the older one doesn’t do this all the time. And the smaller baby usually goes after him and chases him away. I have nowhere to separate them. All we have is the big tank.

Gypsy13

I’m sorry about that. It’s only going to take one really aggressive move on the bigger one’s part to do permanent damage if not kill the little one.

lexkim531

Even though the little one is seemingly more dominant than his brother?

This is from a few months ago. The first picture is what they are always doing. The second is him pecking at the catfish.

Attachments

• 36DDC837-7CAA-4338-A1AE-BACDBCA03A15.jpeg
    36DDC837-7CAA-4338-A1AE-BACDBCA03A15.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 97
  • FC7D63F0-5A0F-4AE9-AE14-5C22E6BD08DE.jpeg
    FC7D63F0-5A0F-4AE9-AE14-5C22E6BD08DE.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 96

Gypsy13

I wish I could look at the pics myself. Going to ask for eyes here. But to answer your question, yes, even if he’s usually the aggressor. If he’s being rammed to the point of having a “bent” spine and having difficulty getting his bearings afterward, yes, he’s in danger of being permanently injured or killed.
Forgot to ask for eyes.
AquaBaby Discus-Tang any help here? Please?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
SegiDream
  • Fishfriendkeeper
  • Platy
Replies
Views
Fishfriendkeeper
  • Hudson Cobb
  • Platy
Replies