Baby Pictures - Misty

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by chickadee, Mar 23, 2006.

1. chickadee

chickadeeFishlore VIPMember

These are not good quality, partially because I still haven't gotten the hang of the camera and partially because she is so darn tiny that I had to kind of blow them up a bit and it made her fuzzy. I wanted you to be able to see how the tips of her fins fluoresce. They have a little edge of a green glow to them when the light hits them. The fins are clear sometimes and almost irridescent sometimes. She is white, the color you see is her full little belly and circulation as her scales are still very undeveloped. The Hikari Betta Bio-gold pellets are too big for her mouth and she won't touch worms so I don't know what I am going to do. Maybe crush the pellets for a while. I do have some first food ordered, but I am not sure that will be right either.

Hope you can see something out of these:

Rose
    :D

Attached Files:

2. Parvath

ParvathNew MemberMember

:) Nice pics .. Thanks for sharing

3. newbie101

newbie101Well Known MemberMember

yay rose! she's so little and pretty!

4. OP
    OP
    chickadee

The new food got here, a new brand, Ocean Nutrition Atison's Betta Pro. The pellets are tiny and just the right size for her! I also got some of their regular Betta food and wonder of wonders Noel likes it. This was the food stock up shipment. The little otos were out of veggie rounds so I just went through the book and when I saw something interesting I picked it up.

Any way now I have the food for her and I feel much better knowing I can feed her well.

Thanks for the kind comments. I will try over the next couple of days to get better pix. She is so cute I really want to show her off to the best advantage.

Rose
    :)

5. fish_r_friend

fish_r_friendWell Known MemberMember

very prety now i want one

6. 0morrokh

0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

Awww, cute! I have never seen a female that color!

7. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Rose shes darling!!! keep us posted(with pics of course) :)
    Carol

8. Isabella

IsabellaFishlore VIPMember

Beautiful pictures Rose. I am sorry if I missed something (I don't read all posts) but what kind of fish is this? I know you're keeping Betas Rose, but this one definitely does not look like Beta! It looks like a Platy to me. Is it?

9. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

She is a baby female Betta Isabella. When she grows up she will be magnificent in her own right.
    Carol

10. OP
    OP
    chickadee

Well yes she does not look much like a Betta yet LOL. She is a cute little mite but she is just fishy looking right now. But she is only 2 month old and that will change and like Carol said she will be beautiful. I always wanted a white Betta and now I have one with iridescent cellophane fins and the most beautiful blue eyes. I hope when she settles down I can get better pix. Right now she is still very skittish. And the MOST picky eater I have. I have about 9 different Betta foods including some "first foods" and she won't hardly take any of them. They just go in her mouth and she spits them out right away. Any suggestions? I really don't want to have to go the Live food or Frozen food route just for her.

Rose

11. Isabella

IsabellaFishlore VIPMember

Really? That's cool :) It will be very fascinating to watch it grow and develop. I know that because I am so excited to look at my tiny angelfish grow and develop every day! Neither do they look like angels at this point, but ... a matter of time :) I can't wait to see them bigger! Now, it seems that the bigger they get, the faster they grow.

12. OP
    OP
    chickadee

Not much new really except I got a good picture of her beautiful blue eyes, and I had to share. She had just eaten until I thought she would pop so she is quite swollen with a full tummy. I am going to have to really watch this one.

Rose

13. OP
    OP
    chickadee

:-[ :-[ :-[

OOPS! Clicked the "Post" before inserting the pix.

Rose
    :p

Attached Files:

14. Gunnie

GunnieWell Known MemberMember

What a beauty! She is even more beautiful now that she is home in Chickadee's tank! I love the female bettas. They have such personality! Thanks for the photos! ;D

15. OP
    OP
    chickadee

Well today has been a week and she is getting a real personality and being a real sweetheart. I can tell she is going to be the one to rule the roost - no hands down. She is too cute for words so I thought I might just give you all some more pictures. She has grown! (and why should she not, she eats all the time - every 4 hours) I had to make some of them a little blurry so you could see her fins since they are pretty much transparent. Hope you can tell what she looks like. I wish her scales would develop! She looks so naked!

Rose

Attached Files:

16. newbie101

newbie101Well Known MemberMember

oh I can see the blue edge to her fins :D

17. OP
    OP
    chickadee

They are really clear. They just fluoresce when the light hits them. I was hoping that would show up. The only color her fins have that I can actually see is some red on the fin on her back.

Rose

18. 0morrokh

0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

She's so pretty! I bet she'll be gorgeous once she's full grown. I think she must like posing for pictures and showing off her pretty fins! ;)

19. RoboDude

RoboDudeValued MemberMember

I've never seen a betta like here before! I really like her!

20. OP
    OP
    chickadee

Well I missed Thursdays week marker and so we are well into the next week and she has really grown this week. I got some good pictures showing her fins and the way they shine when the light hits them. I also got a good look at the red "Mohawk" looking area on her dorsal fin. She is starting to have a bit of a temper and showing little personality. Her favorite toy has become one of the tiny sword plants. She delights in having it out of the Fluorite and floating on the surface. I haven't quite found out how she does it but she does love doing it!

Rose

Attached Files: