baby painted turtles.. HELP!

elliot5445
Hi! We have a large wetland behind our house. The turtles that live in the tank nd often lay their eggs in the front yard. Well, yesterday I found what I think are two painted turtles! I decided that I could put them in a small pond that has been empty for some time, so I cleaned it, refilled it, put a few basking logs in, and put the turtles in. Now I'm questioning if that was such a good idea. I have a TON of floating chiclid pellets that I think they will eat, but what care requirements does a baby painted turtle need? If its too much, or I I was stupid, I can always put it back in the pond. Thanks!!!!!!

Advertisement
elliot5445

6tag-1819104955-977612735565885496_1819104955.jpgHere's a pic

Advertisement
elliot5445
Anyone???

oOBlueOo
I'm not sure if painted turtles are legal to keep. That being said, I used to catch a painted turtle and keep it in a 100 gallon stock tank all summer. I fed it minnows from the bait shop and had a log for it to float on.

Looking back, I can honestly say that I think it's better if the turtles stay in the wild. Now when I find one, I pet it for a while and then let it go where I found it.

lopez18
are they native if its legal to keep them feed them worms.fish and crickets and here's trick I use n wild fish I get fro other states : feed them live foods leave it for 2-4 days let the pellets ( here are some good turtle food brands reptomin and mazuri) soak in either canned salmon water or tuna water and try to feed them also it will be easier if you tame them ( handle for a litle while giving them strokes on their shells)

lopez18
by the way map turtles will make ​awesome pets !

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Dippiedee
Replies
Views
Kaiden ogle
Replies
Views
jamisonkp
Replies