Baby Mystery Snails Have Hatched

Gianat

I don't really have any questions about my babies as I've done the whole raising babies things once before. I did however just wanted to share some pictures of the little guys because I found myself addicted to looking at pictures of babies when I didn't have any. Just spreading the joy. Also, I already know for the most part that these snails will be brown because both of their parents are brown and so was their grandma, but I am hoping for maybe one or two golden ones since there grandfather was golden. My dream is to one day have a blue snail but that just isn't in these little guys genetics. I'll keep you guys updated though. Oh, and ignore the limpets I dont know how they got into my tank
IMG_0158.jpeg
IMG_0124.jpeg
IMG_0157.jpeg

BigManAquatics

My most recent mystery was blue. Pretty commonly available around my area. But she just recently passed. She was pretty gigantic!

Gianat

My most recent mystery was blue. Pretty commonly available around my area. But she just recently passed. She was pretty gigantic!
Yeah, I've noticed they aren't so hard to come by in pet stores and even online. My dilemma however, is that my snails don't stop producing, so whenever I feel there is an opportunity to add a blue snail to my tank they lay eggs and the cycle of the brown snails begins yet again. I don't have the heart to not let atleast one clutch hatch of their babies. Next, generation though I am considering it mandatory to add some snails outside of their... siblings to the tank so that reproducing no longer has to be done within there family. I've read that after a few generations it begins to become dangerous for them, the bright side of this is that evantually this will give me both a reason based off of desire and moral obligation to get my dream snail.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
shrimpyay
  • Question
Replies
Views
ayeayeron
  • go0seefrabah
  • Snails
Replies